I've made this dish twice now, once with diced pancetta, and once with chorizo. I'd say just make use of whatever you can find in the fridge! Personally I prefer the chorizo, but you could easily chop up the left over bacon from your weekend fry-up!
2 cod fillets
60g of chorizo ring, roughly chopped
3 medium potatoes, quartered
60g green beans, trimmed
Handful of black olives, halved
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Pinch of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, then add the green beans and boil for 2 more minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes and green beans and add the chorizo and olive, then shake it all around.
4. Tip the contents of the pan onto a baking tray and place the cod fillets on top.
5. Season the whole tray with the chilli, salt and pepper, then splash the olive oil and lemon juice all over.
6. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, then serve, pooring over the juices from cooking, and enjoy! Simples.